Is anyone else feeling the summer heat? Our yard has browned significantly, we’re sporting a 24-hour glisten and everyone (including the energetic puppy) is feeling super lethargic. What’s the best way to escape from the heat and reboot? Frozen treats. Frozen treats for everyone!
With a few basic ingredients, a freezer and a blender you can make some seriously tasty ice cream that is a healthy treat for both you and your dog! This recipe has been the perfect energizing snack for those hot summer days. I’ve been making it every day that I have bananas. So a lot. You might say I’m obsessed. It is so easy – using just 2-3 ingredients – and only takes a few minutes to throw together.
Why you have to make banana ice cream ASAP:
Using frozen bananas as the base, this recipe is cool and creamy; just what you were looking for! Packed with just 3 power ingredients, this guilt-free ice cream is filled with vitamins, protein and fiber that will help boost your energy. It is decadent and delicious enough for dessert while being a healthy breakfast or pre/post workout option. Not to mention eating cool snacks are a great way to help your pets and self cool off when the weather is unbearably hot.
Trust me, freeze some bananas now. Enjoy some banana ice cream later.
Peanut Butter Banana Nice Cream
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1-2 TBSP peanut butter
- 1-2 TBSP plain Greek yogurt*
*Replace with almond or coconut milk to make vegan.
- Cut up and freeze bananas. Bananas will take several hours to freeze. Pro tip: I like to cut up more than needed and keep frozen bananas on hand 24/7 for ice cream or smoothies.
- Measure out ingredients needed. Use more or less peanut butter and yogurt depending on how soft you want your ice cream to be.
- Add everything to the blender.
- Blend until smooth. Start on a low setting and go slowly adding more yogurt/milk if needed.
- Serve and enjoy! You can top with chocolate sauce, nuts, fresh fruit – anything you want! And don’t forget to dish up a scoop or two for your favorite furry friend. 🙂
Looking to switch things up? Try mixing frozen bananas with other fruits and mix-ins instead of peanut butter. Make sure to only use things that are dog-friendly if you plan to share with your puppy pal! Some of our favorite dog-friendly banana ice cream add-ins include:
Happy nice creaming!
About Cause You Care: Cause You Care sells shirts, throw pillows, coffee mugs and tote bags with designs inspired by endangered species and donates 25% of profits to the International Fund for Animal Welfare. We believe in helping all animals, working to preserve species and educating others hoping they will do the same. Join us!